Collinson Point DEW Station
Also called Kangigivik Point, this was part of the 456-acre Brownlow Point DEW (Distant Early Warning) Station, built in 1959 and abandoned in 1963. According to the US Army Corps of Engineers, a contract was awarded in 1994 for the removal of this site, and the cleanup is still underway. Most of the vehicles and buildings have by now been removed.

See also


Scott Hansen, "Bombardier" Scott Hansen, "Bombardier" Scott Hansen, "Bombardier-A.N.W.R." Scott Hansen, "Bombardier-A.N.W.R."
Scott Hansen
Bombardier
Pencil on paper
20 x 15 in
1990

Scott Hansen
Bombardier
Alkyd on canvas
20 x 15 in
1990

 

Scott Hansen
Bombardier— A.N.W.R.
Acrylic on canvas
72 x 46 in
1990

 

Scott Hansen
Bombardier— A.N.W.R.
Regular linocut
20 x 15 in
1990
Scott Hansen, "DEW Line Buildings" Scott Hansen, "DEW Line Buildings"    
Scott Hansen
DEW Line Buildings
Acrylic on canvas
30 x 48 in
1991
Scott Hansen
DEW Line Buildings
Reduction linocut
15 x 20 in
1991